Saturday 10 August 2013

It's the season of fetes so I am trying to make the most of it. Also I am booked in for a stall at the Worcester Flea, my home town so I am on a mission to find treasures for my stall. I arrived here in St Leger for the brocantes a bit early at 9.30 am. There was just a lively boulangerie and a few people sorting out tables for a meal later. The market I was assured it would be everywhere was starting at 5pm.



So anyway I had a walk around and went back later.

We have one of these in our fields with a blown engine. It was of some interest to some Dutch passers by last week. They came by to talk and had small glass of wine in the garden with us. Then the following day they came by again with cake. One of them, Rolf is at some sort of impasse and George, my partner offered him a place to spend the next few months learning to write. Rolf was very sharp and intrigued that he might be someone who could be creative. I'm not sure whether he is going to carry on travelling or whether he will return. His friends might call by again. Someone may come for the van.



Lovely cottage 



The evening's entertainment. I bought a huge zinc basin for plants, not really something I would sell on a small stall but I did find a couple of enamel tins. It was a lovely evening lots of folk to see and plenty of things as the previous weekend had been very wet so it didn't happen.






No comments:

Post a Comment