Saturday 1 October 2011

We are having the most wonderful weather here. I have begun a new painting which I am enjoying a lot.






The lake is a little low.


The cats come in to the kitchen that has these clay floor tiles. My little cat with 3 legs likes to sprawl out. He likes the coolness. We have strong morning light and then in late afternoon the sun comes around the back. Flubs is quite sociable for short while in the mornings, then he likes to sleep.

We went to the shops yesterday and to visit the market in Autun. The drive home through forests and farmland is
magical.

My veg garden. I have a lot of flowers, Cosmos and Nasturtiums and Morning Glory this year.

I have ducks to feed, these ones come up to the backdoor for maize 'concasse' Indian Running ducks are a bit timid and jumpy. I have persevered to get to know them and now I have 2 that are really quite brazen.

I have so many squash and pumkins, my friend Dolly tells me they like to be sun baked before storage. I am surprised at how orange they can be.

2 comments:

  1. Love the colours of your new painting Jane! the squashes are looking good too, mine are all having a second wind with this Indian Summer hope yours are too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely glimpse into your french life!

    ReplyDelete