Monday 30 May 2011

Tiny stitches


The reverse side of monograms sewn on linen sheets


Tiny cross stitch, always red traditionally found on bed linen and night shirts.I like to think these are cherries decorating the letters.


I bought a folding cafe table. It will be very useful for outdoor pondering with tea. I rarely see them around here and when I do they are a bit expensive. Often they have been repainted. I prefer my furniture with a bit of patina, rust, dings or loose paint.

I bought a round basket. I used it today picking cherries.

The table is a lovely fit with my chairs. These apparently came from the park centre which is where I bought the table from.

I also found a lettuce swinger and this coffee pot with a side handle, not the prettiest of finishes but still something that may well find it's way into a still life drawing. 

We are still having dry weather, very warm with barely any rain. Tonight I thought it might rain but so far it's just been unusually strong wind.

A pot planted decorated house. After I looked again, enlarged, I spotted a cat in the raised flower bed.

A view of the Brocante looking towards a building that was once a sanatorium for ill children to stay. St Honore Les Bains was once a fashionable spa town where people went to experience the 'beneficial curative' powers of water. I know all about this form living in Malvern, England. Malvern also a Victorian Spa town where the ill went for cold showers and other wonders for spring water. Strangely Morvan, where I live now is probably from the same Celtic root as Malvern was meaning 'black 'or 'bare hill'

I like the windy roads dotted with little cottages.
By the way I have tried to leave comments this week but it;s not been working for me so please thankyou for leaving your thoughts I really love to hear from people and I will try and be a bit more communicative when I work out what's going on.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jane great finds...nice table! I know what you mean about small stitches I've got a couple of pin point pictures... the art of patience...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pinning away for such type of blogs, thanks for posting this for us.GWP

    ReplyDelete