Thursday 25 July 2013

Weeks gatherings

Another tin. I have a bit of a theme going in my bathroom at the moment, lots of blue and old blue glass. After visiting a house recently I was inspired to do some mosaic too. Our shower base is a home made cracked tile affair. I have been looking at it for ages wondering how I can improve it. I used to do lots of mosaic, even teaching weekend courses. I need to find some products that will work in a shower and gets heavy use.  I am not that familiar with the builders makes here. We go to Nevers to Bricomarche for all building things. 



A cast iron chestnut roaster. I thought I'd use it as a plant holder if I find a hook to hang it from. We don't have an open fire.

Wool rug

'Bocaux' storage jar and a small tin.

Pass Vite. Useful for straining skins and pips from fruit or puréeing soups. 
While looking up these sieves, I thought it was a Passoir, literally sieve. I looked up Pass Vite and found a great cookery blog. Do look it has lovely phtots and great Portuguese recipes, I think.

There are 2 big brocantes this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment