Sunday 5 January 2014







Happy New Year everyone!! I have been thinking a little bit about the New Year and how I might make best use of my time. I think we all go through a period of reflection through winter. It can feel tough. Here we are normally quite cold and having to keep fires going. We have to plan meals and make sure we have supplies. Then it's also hard to be so isolated and without neighbours who are usually invisible or even move away to a their Parisian or Dutch homes.This has been the 5th year I have been in France. Although relatively near Britain it is quite different. It is a tiny community that I now belong to. The climate is generally more extreme and the winters really do feel very different. I no longer have the big build up to Christmas and all that shopping. I couldn't afford to shop much before as I rented a flat and had all the expense that comes with that as a single person. Now we just have different demands here. I need to save money and put it into property and my gardening and animals. I may try and expand what I do a bit. There is a small craft market that happens in the warmer months just Friday mornings and then I want to look at producing paintings from drawings rather than use photography so much. I intended to do this last year but we had strange weather for the first part of summer, uncharacteristically rainy.Then I just took on so much gardening it became silly. It could easily all go awry this year. I went to the shops yesterday and was excited to see the sky clearing in patches and the rays of sun pushing through in strong striped beams.

No comments:

Post a Comment