Saturday 23 June 2012








The first images are from today, it was very warm a bit more normal. I have taken pictures of my sort of front door, it's a side door. The buckets collect water and I have a little seed room beside the front door that is where various animals congregate for food. The duck maize is in here and the cats arrive to squawk at us when they need to touch down for their food and sleep. I found my little cat along the road with a leg that had to be amputated. He must have been from a family of alley cats as he is reluctant to be in even when it's raining. He is happiest in the barn on his own rather pungent cushion.
  My geraniums are from cuttings, the pots I bring home from the tip. Here in France the tip provides somewhere to drop off rubbish and collect  compost for free. Where the compost pile is there is also a place you can collect old terracotta pots or dump old toilets,basins or tiles.  I have been adding paint to my pots. I bought some clay based taster pots from Period House in Ludlow. I was told it was made  in small batches by a man in a garden shed. The make is Colourman.Here I only use the paint sparingly, it's really special paint.
My garden has been supplying me with extraordinary bounties of strawberries and flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment